Margaret and I are heading to the VLA Council meeting in Richmond this week to talk about VLA NMRT’s plans for this year. I am so excited about what 2014 has in store for us. Here’s a preview of the report we’ll present on Friday:
- We hosted 2 (very popular) webinars in collaboration with the Leadership Development Forum in 2013, raising over $200 for conference activities. Many, many thanks to everyone who attended a webinar last year! If you have suggestions for future webinar topics or speakers, please email me at email@example.com.
- This blog had 2,900 views and 22 new posts last year. We hope to increase our social media activity through additional blog posts, tweets, and Facebook posts in 2014. Monthly Twitter chats are also in the works, so please follow us on Twitter @VLANM
- Events are happening all over Virginia this month as our new social planning teams gear up for the new year! Join your region’s Facebook group to stay up-to-date on the social events: https://vlanmrt.wordpress.com/events/i-want-updates/
- Your VLA NMRT leadership team submitted draft guidelines for a VLA mentoring program to the Executive Council last month. We are hoping that these guidelines will be approved and we can launch the mentoring program in a few weeks. This program will pair new members with experienced VLA members for conversations about your career plans, professional development, and anything else related to librarianship. Details will be released on this blog, Twitter, and Facebook.
- We are also in the early stages of planning a resume review service and a logo contest!
2014 promises to be a busy year for our forum and for VLA in general. I’ll be back next week to provide updates from the Council meeting. In the meantime, you can always email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Margaret (email@example.com) with suggestions or questions.
Happiest of new years to you and yours!
-Katelyn, VLA NMRT Chair