These are the VLA NMRT updates I gave at the VLA Council meeting held on June 8:
- The VLA NMRT submitted 4 program proposals for VLA; 3 of them were accepted, enough to have a New Members track at the 2012 conference!
- A task force has been created targeting the NoVA/Region V to do outreach to this highly populated but mostly untapped area more aggressively; please let Megan know if you’re interested in helping out (or know someone who might be): mlhodge at gmail dot com
- We will start collecting feedback about and at the socials taking place around the state.
Some notes from other VLA committee/forum chairs that I thought would be of interest to NMRT members:
- VLA currently has 86 student members, and 186 new members as of now for 2012. VLA Executive Director attributes these numbers to the efforts of the VLA NMRT. Yay, us!
- VLA will be purchasing GoTo Webinar, so VLA groups will be able to meet remotely and conduct webinars, etc. (Again, let Megan know if you have any ideas for these!)
- The Membership Committee needs representatives from Regions IV and VI (that’s central VA, in the areas surrounding Richmond, and the Waynesboro/Staunton area, respectively).
VLA NMRT members Rebecca Miller, Kareemah Hamdan, Crystal Boyce, and Monique Clark also gave lightning round presentations on emerging technologies; these were very well-received!
Links to the documents discussed at Council, including Rebecca’s handouts: