VLA Council is looking for a few NMRT members to give brief (5 minute) presentations on their favorite new technology. It could be something that makes you more productive or something that helps you make better connections with your library’s patrons. Or it could be something that’s just really cool and you’re still looking for a way to apply it in the library. If you’re excited about it, we want to hear about it!
Why are we asking?: VLA President Connie Gilman has made a point of devoting a portion of our quarterly VLA Council meetings to the sharing of new knowledge and ideas. We’re looking to shake things up a bit – that’s where you come in.
What’s in it for you?:
• VLA Council meetings are our quarterly meetings for conducting the business of the Association – coming to a meeting is a great way to learn more about what’s going on in the organization.
• VLA Council is composed of several of the better-connected members of our state’s library community, which makes it a great group to network with.
• This is an easy way to get in a resume-building presentation in front of a very friendly audience.
When?: Friday, June 8th, 10 am
Where?: The Twin Hickory Branch of the Henrico County Public Libraries: http://www.henricolibrary.org/libs/tw.html
How do I sign up?: Email Mark Lenker at lenkermn at longwood dot edu by Friday, May 25th. In your email, please provide:
• Your name.
• The name of the technology you want to present.
• A very brief plan of attack. The trick will be to keep your presentation within the five-minute time limit. We’ll have a couple of minutes for Q & A after each presentation.
We’ll let you know by Wednesday, May 30th whether your presentation was selected (unfortunately, we only have time for a limited number of presenters).
Questions? Please let Mark know.
Thanks for all that you do for Virginia libraries.
2nd Vice President, VLA
Associate Librarian for Reference and Instruction
Farmville, VA 23909