Are you a new (<10 years) librarian or still in library school? Do you want to get involved in the Virginia Library Association (VLA) but don’t know how or don’t see opportunities that match your interests? Consider helping us start a New Members Round Table for the VLA!
Some of our ideas so far:
- regional networking dinners and other informal gatherings throughout the year that would foster camaraderie and mentoring relationships
- programming at VLA Annual, including an evening social with karaoke
- a blog with devoted library school and new librarian columnists, as well as other featured content
Do you see glaring omissions in that list or want to help implement these ideas? Rebecca Miller (Virginia Tech) and Megan Hodge (Randolph-Macon College) want your help!
What can you do?
- Sign the petition to create the Round Table!
- Comment on this post if you have ideas or want to help.
- Stay tuned to this blog to see the latest news on what we’re doing and for more information on how to get involved.